- Installing with the Starter Kit
- Installing into an existing site
To run Simple Commerce, your server (whether local or production) will need to meet the following requirements:
- PHP 8.1+
- Laravel 9 (if you're installing into an existing site)
- Statamic CLI
- Some kind of web server (like Laravel Valet)
And if you're installing into an existing site, your site must be on Statamic 3.3 (or higher) and Laravel 8 (or higher).
Installing with the Starter Kit
When you're starting afresh, I'd recommend using the Simple Commerce Starter Kit. Simple Commerce comes pre-installed, along with cart/checkout templates and some other tweaks.
Note: If you want to use something like Peak, you'll want to install that first, then follow the steps on installing into an existing site.
1. Create a site using the Statamic CLI (obviously replace
your-new-site-name with you actual new site name 😅)
1statamic new your-new-site-name duncanmcclean/sc-starter-kit
2. Now, if you load up the site in your browser, you should see a page like this:
Now that you're up and running with the Starter Kit, you're probably wanting to get going with development. Here's a list of resources that you might find helpful:
- Documentation (you're already here)
- Knowledge Base - for any 'How tos' or explainer articles
- GitHub Issues - for reporting any bugs or for requesting features
Installing into an existing site
1. Install Simple Commerce with Composer
1composer require doublethreedigital/simple-commerce
2. Next, run the
sc:install command to publish Simple Commerce's config file, collections & blueprints.
1php please sc:install
3. And, that's you! 🚀
If you want to confirm you've installed everything correctly, run
php please support:details and you should see Simple Commerce in the list.
Now that you're up and running with Simple Commerce, you're probably wanting to get going with development. Here's a list of resources that you might find helpful: